Friday, August 10, 2012

Maybe We Do have Jewish Roots!


At Michael and Megans grad party we discovered that my grandmother's maiden name was not actually Cramer- which we have believed for our entire life. Apparently, her father (my great grandfather) went to live with the Cramer family when he was a young boy. His real name was Kisner. 

Well, we all got very excited about the prospect of having some Polish blood (especially Ted) but then we also realized that Kisner sounds Jewish. So, naturally we immediately claimed that Jewish heritage!

William and Sarah Kisner from Sullivan Co. PA
Could these people be our ancestors?

The meaning of the name is "one who made or sold boxes" or "made cushions, pillows, and quilts" or "one who dealt in fur"

Oh and the most I can find out on-line (free) is that it's a German sir name, or British, or Russian, oh and yes, I found many Jewish and some polish people named Kisner.

I have said all this to say: I GOT THE JOB!
I will be teaching third grade part-time at a Jewish day school. Lubavitcher Yeshiva Academy
The students have secular studies half of the day and Jewish studies the other half. So, my challenge will be to teach the entire third grade curriculum in half the school day. I am super excited about this opportunity, I believe it's a gift from God!

So, you may think this is all kibbitz and my mishpocheh is really a bunch of goyim. I don't mean to be a yente and spin  a tale about my bubbe. I don't want to kvetsh, so believe my shmaltzy story just a bissel, I'm no smendrik! Oy vey!


1 comment:

  1. i read that entire last paragraph and understood it <3 nyc

    ReplyDelete