Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Excellent Company For Mother's Day

I did have wonderful company on Mother's Day; I had brunch with Ken, Gabby, and Danielle. We also got to see Gabby perform in Company (a musical comedy) by Stephen Sondheim 
on Mother's Day as well. 
What a treat it was to see her on stage, in her favorite musical and playing her favorite character, Amy.

By the way she also painted this set. 
If  you have ever seen Gabby act you will know why it is such a treat. She captivates the audiance with her bigger than life comedic performances. This show was no exception- one of her best!


The story is about Bobby who is turning 35 and all of his friends are married or engaged. He is exploring why he isn't married. Amy is his best friend. 
The cast did a marvelous job, the musical was very entertaining. 


She is engaged to Paul, whom she really loves but she has a break down her wedding day. 
I video taped her song, sorry about the quality and the fact that you have to hear me laughing. I tried not to shake the camera too much!

 The song's tempo is very fast, with a lot of words; she really did a great job with it!

Watch Gabby Here



This past weekend we also got to spend time with Justin and Katie at there new apartment. Christopher, Gabby, Ken, and I had a nice dinner Saturday evening. Thanks to Chris & Tim for letting us stay at there place over night. Especially since we were playing hookie from church the next morning. 

My mother's day weekend was full because I got to spend time with my kids, especially now that I am living in a different state than them. I got a very interesting gift from Gabby- future blog material!



1 comment:

  1. Gabby really is a terrific comedic actress! I enjoyed this clip immensely as well, even though the buffering was enough to push one's tolerance to the breaking point!

    ReplyDelete