Tuesday, May 8, 2012

She Sings Like an Angel

At least that's what Ken always says about Danielle. Well, here is proof. 
She looked so beautiful!

On Friday evening Danielle gave a stunning performance for her Senior recital at Mansfield University. 
She performed for about an hour singing beautiful selections in Italian, German, French and English.


Not only was her voice and the piano playing breathtaking, Danielle also captivated everyone with her dramatic expression as she sang. And did I mention how beautiful she looked.


Here is a video from her final song. It is an aria by Georges Bizet, from Carmen called 
"Je dis rien ne m'epouvante." This means (I say that nothing can frighten me). 
I only filmed part of it because my camera card filled up but you will definitly enjoy it!


After the performance we held a reception for about 65 people. 
Danielle wanted a tea party theme so we decorated the classroom. 


Thank you Derek for helping us with set up, especially hanging the lights!


Danielle made these flowers to add to the ambiance.


The food went over big:
 scones, muffins, snow balls, fruit pizza, tea sandwiches, and lemonade with berries. 
The guests were very appreciative.
 Thankyou Danielle & Nanette Harmon for coming from Lockport and helping me with the food. 


It was a thrill for me as a mom to see my daughter blossoming in her gifts. I know that God has big plans for her, I can't wait to see where He takes her.


We were all really tired after the entire production. Thank you Josh for helping with clean-up and Ryan also, who came from Fredonia after a long day of teaching and also stuck around to help with clean-up.


1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, Les!! It was thrilling to hear Danielle sing! I'm so glad you were able to include a clip with sound! And she is stunningly beautiful. I can understand your pride and joy at her accomplishments! With you, I look forward to seeing what God has in store for her.

    ReplyDelete