Thursday, May 24, 2012

"Groundhog Whisperer"

Meet Ludlow, my groundhog!


For Mother's Day this year, Gabby got me a groundhog.

Let me try to explain. For some reason, I am pretty good at spotting groundhogs by the side of the road during trips. I'd arrive and report how many I had seen. Sometimes 9 or 10 on a given trip. Well, Gabby coined the title "Groundhog Whisperer" for me. 

I started wondering why I'd see them some places but not others, so I did a little research. (Remember- I am a teacher) So, the kids were teasing me about getting one for a pet and I blurted out in a serious tone "No, they make terrible pets. they are too aggressive!"
Well, I just gave them too much material to think their mother is crazy!

For Mother's Day this year Gabby bought me a sponsorship for a groundhog at the 
Turtle Back Zoo in West Orange, NJ.
So, I have adopted him for a year, I named him Ludlow. This may be the most creative gift I have ever received- although my kids have given me many. I guess they do love their crazy mother!



1 comment: