Saturday, April 14, 2012

Happy Birthday Mom!




Today was my mom's birthday and I really miss her a lot. She always made us feel like we were the most important people in the world on our birthdays. We didn't have much money but everything about the day was special. I always got to have my best friend Diane over for dinner and pick the menu. Every year I got a pink frosted heart cake because my birthday is a week before Valentines day.

I remember buying mom gifts on her birthday. I worked so hard to make her feel special. She loved Reeses cups, I don't know how many times she got one from one of us because we couldn't afford more. I think I'll eat one in her honor today.



When mom became a grandma she really blossomed! She was at every one of her grandchildren's events that she could possibly get to. That means so much to my kids, especially now that she's gone.





I learned a lot from you mom..


How to be a good wife


How to be a good mom


and


How to be a good grandma....



I just hope I can live up to the example that she set!


No comments:

Post a Comment