Thursday, January 2, 2014

Snowman Project

I volunteered to make some snowmen for the children's Christmas party on base this year. Their theme was Frosty. They has some large cardboard circles & wanted some snowmen for the party.
I started with these...


12 foam board circles about the height of my kitchen counter.

I started by cutting appropriate sized circles for the stomach and head. Everyone knows snowmen have different sized balls (that was not potty humor)
Then I attached batting to the fronts to look like snow.
Gabby & Ken helped me over thanksgiving break with the cutting and hot gluing. 
Ken cut some wooden stakes and nailed the balls on for me.

I assembled the rest in my kitchen- it got a little creepy at times!




I bought camouflage fleece, used sticky felt for their faces, and a real carrot for the nose. Ken had the idea to screw through the back of the face and twist the carrot on the screw- worked great! 

Here are the snowmen... 









No comments:

Post a Comment