Thursday, September 17, 2015

The Adventure Begins- The Move To Hawai'i

Never let anyone tell you military life is terrible. 
Sure, there's some hard things about it but when you focus on the great...Life feels pretty good.

My Colonial has taken me to Hawai'i for 3 years. 
You will be seeing many posts about our adventure here.

It all started with an 11 hour flight on June 17th, 2015, in which I came down with a terrible cold halfway there. The way I was sneezing, I'm surprised they didn't toss me into the Pacific.


Chris and I survived, looking forward to seeing Ken on the other end.


We were greeted with leis in true Hawaiian style.

It took Ken and three Airmen to pick us up, our luggage, and the pets. 

Soon, (well actually it took an hour and a half for the pets to be released) 
we were arriving at our new home!


About 6 weeks later, Ho (my Rav4) arrived.


And 2 days shy of 8 weeks our household stuff arrived. I am still unpacking.



That's the short of it, but stayed tuned for some beautiful sights from the Island of Oahu, Hawai'i. 
The 3rd largest of the 8 main islands and most populated.
Hawai'i has 137 islands.


We are not in the Northeast of the US any more...


But things will always remind us of home.







No comments:

Post a Comment