Tuesday, October 1, 2013

A Tribute to Dad


Today is my dad's birthday and I'd like to share with you 
an awesome tribute the family did for him this past weekend. 

Bud, Chris, Me, Eric, Cindy
Ken, Heather, and Amber
My Ken taking picture & Ted not in picture

Bud & Chris arranged to have my dad's memorial flag flown at Cape May , NJ on Sept. 30th.

Bud, beautiful Bethany, & Chris
Each day during the "beach" season, Sunset Beach flies a memorial flag for 24 hours 
and honors that person with a short ceremony including: 
a bio, "God Bless America", "The National Anthem", and Taps. 
Then the lowering of the flag.

This is that morning as we were raising the flag.


Eric said a few touching and funny words about my dad.
The girls cried.



It was a beautiful sight to see his flag flying over the beach.


We all went out to breakfast after and ate pancakes in honor of dad (but no hamburger gravy)


Ken and I had to go home that morning and could not stay for the evening ceremony.
My niece Bethany taped it and Bud put it on Youtube.

A special thanks to Bud & Chris for making this happen!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment