Monday, October 8, 2012

Leafers

Christopher informed us that the appropriate term for people who leave their area in search for fall leaves are called leafers.
So, Ken and I were leafers today!


I'm beginning to understand why New England gets so much attention, especially in the Fall. It is actually pretty around here all year, but the Fall really brings out the beauty of the landscape.


We started our day in Historical Deerfield village, a restored 18 century English settlement. A little mulled hot cider made the visit enchanting.

These pumpkins are even bigger than they look in this picture!


The day was filled with lots of driving down the Mohawk Trail in Northwest MA.
We made some scenic stops like this river in Charmont , MA.


My favorite picture of the day.



We also stopped at some antique and gift shops. We really enjoy looking at old stuff :)
This was a scenic lookout in Florida, Ma ironically, the coldest point in MA.




The sun was behind the clouds most of the day so the colors were not as vibrant as we hoped. The sights were still breathtaking though. 
I took this picture across the road when Ken was gassing up! I could live here!


What a great way to spend the day, with my favorite person, doing some of my favorite things.

No comments:

Post a Comment